Monday 17 April 2017

Happy Easter


A very happy Easter Monday to you!! I hope you're enjoying the long weekend and the little chocolate indulgences that come your way :-)

Today I have a little collection of religious Easter cards to show you of two different designs that unusually I CASED from Pinterest. Sometimes, when you see something that is already perfect it is best to just go with it :-) I did put my own spin on them as you will see and you may even notice how eager I was to get these in the post as the photos are not quite as good as usual.


These four are a CASE of Kathryn Mangelsdorf . I decided to leave off the bow and experimented with colouring the Cross with Watercolor Pencils in the closest one, and a layer of vellum over the top in the second. It's a lovely elegant way to use the Falling in Love DSP too :-)



The second card that inspired me to a CASE is this beautiful embossed and water coloured version by Heike Bastelotti. For my cards, I decided to experiment with a number of colours - and created a rainbow of cards :-)


Yes, some are quite bright!! Spring colours were an influence and also some of the recipient's favourite colours such as pink :-)


These image was clear embossed onto water colour card stock and then coloured around the image with Water Color pencils. Then I used an Aqua Painter to smooth the colour and move it to behind the image as well. Once it was dry, I added the sentiment, sequins and after these photos were taken, some flicks of Clear or Gold Wink of Stella - depending on what suited the colour. In the end, I suspect the blue was still my favourite as I made more of them than any other colour but the Razzleberry and pink weren't far behind :-)


This Easter weekend I have been making some non-card making projects - some for gifts and a little home decor project which I hope to share with you soon. What are you doing this long weekend? I hope you are able to enjoy a little craft time and creating something new too :-)

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan


No comments:

Post a Comment