Friday 2 September 2016

Sea Themed Shaker for JAI #327


Happy Friday everyone and welcome - Spring is here, hooray!! It has been a cold and wet old Melbourne winter and we are so looking forward to seeing the sun!! Not that its out yet - rain and more rain is the forecast but the promise of warm weather ahead is fabulous :-)

And we have a new challenge for you at Just Add Ink. This week the colour combo for us all to use was my suggestion - so I hope you enjoy it :-) Our lovely design team have created such beautiful projects to inspire you so we hope that you will be able to join us.

Here are the colours:



And here is my card:



These colours seemed to me to be quite versatile for either males or females and I'd had an idea to use the boat images in the Swirly Bird set to make a Sea Shaker card. It didn't quite turn out as I had imagined but I decided to roll with it :-)
The sea uses a mixture of layered stamping and white embossing and the sequins are from both the Brights and Metallics assortments. The Foam adhesive Strips make shaker cards so easy to make and a couple of vertical strips of card stock on the sides keeps the adhesive from showing. Of course some sequins managed to sneak onto the outside too but as long as it's metallic I think the boys don't mind a bit of bling?? What do you think?


Card stock: Whisper White (thick and standard), Dapper Denim, Basic Black
Ink: Dapper Denim, Calypso Coral, Soft Sky, Versamark
Stamps: Swirly Bird, Sunshine Wishes
Accessories: Big Shot, Swirly Scribbles Thinlits, Metallics and Brights Sequin Assortments, White EP, Window Sheets, Foam Adhesive Strips.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you are enjoying the change of Season wherever you are today - be it Spring or Autumn (or Fall)  - the colours will be beautiful! And I hope you can take a moment to pop over to Just Add Ink and see what our lovely team have made to inspire you and I look forward to seeing what you will make with this fresh colour combo too!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

4 comments:

  1. What a great card! I knew it was something I will try to CASE (with my own spin on it, of course!), as soon as I saw it! I love how there is just enough of the window to see the sequins and stamping in the background. So clever!

    I hope you start to have some spring-like days soon. It has been feeling a bit like fall with days that are cooler than normal and more rain than I believe we have ever had in the 18 years of living where we do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Marianne! I look forward to seeing your version!! Yes, it's starting to warm up a little - the longer days are good :-) Rain seems to be a common theme both here and with you. Hopefully we all can enjoy some sun soon :-) Thanks for stopping by. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea and one that I am definitely CASEing! Can't wait to try it. And maybe I can manage to find some time to enter the challenge this week. Love those colours together and your card is gorgeous. Still very hot here, over 32C today and extremely humid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops... just saw I missed that deadline! LOL - will still be CASEing your card! hugs

    ReplyDelete