Friday 19 August 2016

Joyful Ornament for JAI #325


Welcome and a very happy Friday to you! This week in Melbourne we have been blessed with sunshine and unseasonably warm temperatures - we thought that Spring had come early!  But with a big storm on the horizon it now feels as though we were only dreaming - pleasant dreams they were though :-)

And it's time for a new challenge at Just Add Ink. This week, Tina has designed a beautifully CAS and fun sketch for us all to use. The design team have all made such gorgeous projects - it's obvious we all really enjoyed using it and we hope that you can take a moment to pop on over and take a look and join us.

Here is the sketch:


And here is my card - one of two :-)


As soon as I saw the sketch I knew I wanted to make a shaker ornament and I was delighted to find that this one  (available 1st Sept ) also fits inside the "O" of the Joy from the Joyful Nativity set!! This opens the door to so many variations :-)
Do you notice that the red "Joy" seems a little 'bumpy"? That is because it is the new Red Glitter Embossing Powder - it has a thick, uneven texture from the "shards" of glitter and also a real sparkle! So lovely in real life but rather hard to capture in a photo.


Here is another version. I can't decide which I like best -  the snow in this but also the stamped background of the previous ornament. Possibly a third version is waiting to be made - after all, it is only four months to Christmas...and I've decided to not let it creep up on me this year. More on that, another time...
There are a few sneak peek items from the upcoming Holidays Catalogue here - the star on the first card, the ornaments  and snow, Glitter Embossing powder and the shiny Gold Twine too :-)


Here you can see I added a strip of gold foil to complete the side of the ornament and hopefully the added texture and shine of the Glitter Embossing on the "Y."


Card stock: Real Red, Whisper White, Gold Foil, Red Foil (retired)
Inks: Versamark, Real Red
Stamps: Joyful Nativity, Star of Light, Merriest Wishes, White Christmas (retired)
Accessories: Big Shot, Merry Tags Framelits, Circle Framelits (retired), Gold EP, Red Glitter EP, Star Border Punch, Bakers Twine Trio Pack (Gold), Window sheets

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope that you can take a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and I look forward to seeing your project with this clean and fun sketch this week.

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan


9 comments:

  1. Oooh! Love this peek at new Christmas stuff Jan and you used it all beautifully - I think I'm throughly sold on the new 'tag' set now. I love the richness of your red/ gold combo too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! The background detail is lovely Jan, especially those tiny little dots..So pretty and lovely to see some new goodies in action. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jan! These cards are so elegant, and beautiful. If I had to pick a favourite, it'd be the first one, but I do love them both. So beautifully put together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay two things - we had gorgeous spring like weather in Canberra last week as well, until.....the storm rolled in and gave us icy cold temps for the weekend :(

    Red glitter EP? Am I blind? I have not seen or heard of it, must go looking now....

    I absolutely love the cards you have created this week, Jan. Both are stunning Christmas cards, in classic colours, and shakers too - perfection!

    PS: The second card with dots is my favourite, if I had to choose. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much P :-) I think the dot one is my fave too! The Red Glitter EP is coming in the Holiday Catty....:-)

      Delete
  5. I love your cards, especially the stars inside the shaker! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you create the shaker portion of the card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, If you look at the middle photo that shows the side view it should help you see how I created the ornament. I die cut a second ornament out of gold foil and then added the stamped image on top before enclosing the stars with the Foam Adhesive Strips and some Window Sheet underneath the top ornament shape. Then I cut a thin strip of gold foil to cover the side of the adhesive strips. Hope this helps :-)

      Delete