Thursday 26 May 2016

Swirly Birthday - Sneak Peek


Hello and welcome to a wet and wintery Thursday here in Melbourne! We had a quick dog walk in the rain this morning - truly the first time I've had to find wet weather gear in months so we do really need it.  And the car said 11.5 degrees Celsius - yes, Winter is indeed coming after our warm Autumn! The snow fields that are a few hours north got a good dumping of snow...all good for those who want to go skiing in a few weeks when the Ski fields open.  I'll happily stay warm and dry inside though  :-)


Today's card was for a lovely friend's recent birthday. Her style of card making often involves beautiful layering and as this was also my first play with the new Swirly Bird stamp set I decided to create a layered flower for her.  I've also used a couple of the new In colours - Emerald Envy is such a lovely and warm green - and Sweet Sugarplum for the flower centre. It is teamed here in a girly combo with Melon Mambo and Pink Pirouette. I hope she likes it :-)


The inside is quite clean and simple so there was room to write :-)


And it's hard to see but there is some sparkly Wink of Stella on the coloured card stock floral layers. The background is water coloured using a lot of water and a little Pacific Point ink. I find adding a layer of thick white card stock under the water colour paper helps with reducing the warping effect. It also gives it the additional height without needing to use dimensionals - which is especially good if it needs to go through the post :-)

Card stock: Melon Mambo, Sweet Sugarplum, Whisper White - standard and thick, Water Colour Paper
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Sweet Sugarplum, Black Stazon, Emerald Envy, Pacific Point
Stamps: Swirly Bird, Suite Sayings, Birthday Blooms
Accessories: Big Shot, Swirly Scribbles Thinlits, Basic Rhinestones, Aqua Painter, Clear Wink of Stella

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

1 comment:

  1. I love your card. I may CASE it for my launch, however I don't have the Swirly Bird as yet.

    ReplyDelete