Friday 27 May 2016

For the New Two JAI #313


Happy Friday to you and welcome to a brand new challenge at Just Add Ink. Tina has suggested we "Just Add.....B" Be that a stamp set beginning with B, a technique or colour - whatever "B" idea you have to create with we would love to see! Our lovely design team have all come up with beautiful creations to inspire you so I hope you can take a moment to pop on over and take a look.


A couple of week's ago a much loved Uncle of mine married his sweetheart and this Bouquet of flowers was created for them :-) It is his only marriage and a very happy and special occasion for them and of course all the family shared their joy :-)

The flowers are made using the Botanical Blooms framelits. With them being so lush I went for a simple colour palette of white and gold. So the leaves are cut from Gold Foil card,  the greeting gold embossed and the pearls - well they are so shiny and gold thanks to the Gold Wink of Stella pen! I love this new friend!!


 The trick is to colour them evenly - make sure the tip of the Pen is full of ink -  and allow them to dry before attempting to move them - or you'll need to use your white Gel Pen for the smudges :-) I find this is a brighter and shinier gold than you can get with heat embossing them so it matches the foil and embossed images better but I'd love to know what you think.


Card stock: Whisper White - thick and standard, Gold Foil
Ink: Versamark
Stamps: For the New Two (Retiring - but I'll keep it )
Accessories: Big Shot, Botanical Builder Framelits, Gold EP. Basic Pearls, Gold Wink of Stella

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you can take a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and see all the wonderful creations our talented team have made and I look forward to seeing what you will create with this fabulous theme of "B" too!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan 


5 comments:

  1. Oh this is just perfectly elegant Jan! I love your classic gold and white combination for your wonderful flower cascade and I will definitely be trying gold wink of stella on pearls! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan such a stunning arrangement of flowers!!! I bet your friend really appreciated such a beautiful card for such a lovely occasion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning card! I love the dimension and gold touches~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, I absolutely adore your elegant white and gold colour palette. This is a fabulous wedding card, and I'm sure your uncle and his new bride love it. Thanks for the tip to use Wink on pearls. I'd never have thought to do it...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan, I think this is one of the most beautiful and elegant wedding cards I've seen. I'm planning to make this for a post-wedding shower invite I'm hosting in May. Thank you so much for giving me this idea! Stamp on!!!

    ReplyDelete