Friday 11 March 2016

Helo Sunburst JAI #302


This last week has been very hot and humid but we have been treated since last night to something we haven't seen in what seems like ages - rain!! After a 40 degree day and our hottest March night (30 degrees) since records began it was wonderful to see :-)

And also fun to see is the new challenge at Just Add Ink.  This week I had the pleasure of suggesting the colour combo for us all to use. The design team have created beautiful cards to inspire you so I hope you can take a moment to go and take a peek.

Here are the colours:


And here is my card:


The idea I had was to attempt to create a water coloured sunset. Sometimes the clouds of a sunset really set off the sky behind and that was my inspiration.
The water colouring was done with some Rich Razzleberry ink on water colour paper and then I trimmed the paper and sunburst framelit together using the stitched rectangle die to add a little interest and definition. That is carried through in the dotty stamps on the rays - each stamped off once -  and the birthday sentiment. I fussy cut the hello and added with some dimenionals before covering with a light layer of Wink of Stella for a surprise of sparkle at sunset :-)


Card stock: Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White, Tip Top Taupe, 
Inks: Blackberry Bliss, Rich Razzleberry, Tip Top Taupe
Stamps: Sunburst Sayings, Hello (Saleabration), Petite Petals
Accessories: Sunburst thinly, Petite Petals Punch, Brights Sequins Assortments
Non SU: Stitched Rectangle  and Circle Dies (SSS)

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you can take a moment to pop by Just Add Ink and see the fabulous cards the team have made to inspire you and I look forward to seeing what you will make with this colour combo this week too!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan


7 comments:

  1. ooh I love this Jan - it makes me want to break out my Sunburst die! The watercolouring makes a gorgeous background for the rays and I love how you carried the stitching details through! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest assured you're not the only one having strange weather. Canberra is not known for its humidity but let me tell you we've had plenty of late. My hair doesn't like it one bit.

    I absolutely love the colour combo you gave us this week, Jan. I doubt I'd have thought to combine these colours but it is certainly a trio I'll be using again. Your card is a star! I love that you've carried the stitching right through and the sequins to finish are perfect! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW....You've given us such beautiful colours to work with Jan and l love how you've used them. The watercolour background and stitching detail is so effective. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan, I really did like this color combo you selected. In fact, I'm not even a "purple person" and I will be keeping this idea in my book of colors. Hugs, xo Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with that watercoloring and the sunburst! What a beautiful and vibrant card Jan. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much lovely ladies! I must admit I'm not a huge purple fan either - I saw this lovely combo of colours put together on a card over Chriswtmas and loved it - so glad you all enjoyed it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sunburst card~what a great color combo to use!

    ReplyDelete