Tuesday 13 October 2015

Pool Garden Birthday


It is a beautiful Tuesday here in Melbourne and we have some lovely warm days ahead to look forward to. Today's card is also a celebration - for a beautiful friend's birthday!

For the background I used the same inspiration as for my Just Add Ink card this week - that of Angie Leach. I kept the colour combination that Angie used - as it's totally gorgeous -  and stepped it up a little by adding a second sized flower within the background and all the other details :-)


To create the background I stamped the two flower images in Versamark ink on Pool Party card and embossed them in white. For the large flowers I then sponged on some Pool Party ink to the petals and Island Indigo to the centres. The colours were added to the smaller flowers using a Blender Pen and any excess ink was wiped off with a paper towel so the white embossing still shines.
The 'happy" is die cut 5 times - the last from Glimmer Paper so it has real dimension as well as sparkle and compliments the butterfly too. And the "Birthday"is also white embossed to continue the theme.


A tiny little bit of silver thread for antenna and one of the fabulous Iced Rhinestones and the butterfly is finished :-)
Can you see the dimension of the "happy"? The original plan was to put the background cut "happy" back in place on the top but it didn't have the impact  I'd hoped for  - so sparkly glimmer cut one to the rescue!!


Card stock: Island Indigo, Pool Party, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer
Inks: Versamark, Pool Party, Island Indigo
Stamps: Garden In Bloom, Crazy About You
Accessories: Big Shot, Hello You Thinlits, Bold Butterfly Framelits, White EP, Triple Banner Punch, Silver Metallic thread, Iced Rhinestones, Basic Rhinestones

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful week and are enjoying the Seasons changing wherever you are :-)

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jan! Lovely colours & this stamp set looks amazing the way you have stamped!!! -Katerina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stepped up card, Jan! Beautiful! Thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh look what I just spotted ;) Thanks Jan I love it! You were spot on with my fav colours and I love the sparkly butterfly and sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete