Sunday 30 August 2015

Happy New Home


Winter has definitely returned for the last weekend of the month - its pretty chilly and we've had plenty of rain but as we need the rain (apparently :-) ) and New South Wales have had floods earlier this week I can't really complain can I? Spring is just around the corner so all good!

Today's card uses the retired Holiday Home set from last year's Holiday Catalogue. I kept it for just such a use as this - to celebrate a new home :-)

(Please forgive the bad photography - a plainer background would've been better!)

This is for someone who is big fan of Clean and Simple and so I decided to keep a lot of white space and only colour one of the houses - and used the Thick Whisper White card stock instead of water colour paper as I've found it doesn't lose it's shape when wet as much as the paper seems to do and this makes it so much easier to layer :-) And as the set came with co-ordinating framelits it was super fun and easy! The trees are also stamped and cut the same way and the little pink punched heart has some of the gorgeous Silver Metallic Thread peeking out from behind it to match the Silver Glimmer paper layer.


Card stock: Melon Mambo, Silver Glimmer, Basic Black, Pear Pizzaz, Whisper White (Thick)
Ink: Stazon Black, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Grey, Pear Pizzaz, Versamark
Stamps: Holiday Home
Accessories: Big Shot, Holiday Home Framelits, Bitty Banner Framelits, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, White EP, Hexagon Punch, Silver Metallic Thread, Basic Rhinestones

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you are enjoying your weekend :-)

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

4 comments:

  1. How can I not absolutely love this one, Jan? It's beautiful and I was so delighted to receive it a few days ago (shame on me for not acknowledging and thanking you earlier - life is still just a little too busy and distracting). I love that you only coloured one of the houses, and all that glimmer top and bottom is a gorgeous touch.

    I have this set and to date I haven't used it, however, I've kept it for exactly the same reason as you! One of these days....

    Thank you so much for this thoughtful, and beautiful card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you like this one Patrice :-) and no worries - such a busy time but hopefully soon you can start to really enjoy your new home xxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting there. Now that the warmer weather is on the way I'm going to enjoy spending time in the garden. We did have a beautiful day last week and I managed about 3 hours out there - checking out what I've actually got! Was a lot of fun, despite all the scratches on my arms lol.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card! I don't know about the background, it really makes the card stand out! Such an elegant card! - Katerina

    ReplyDelete