Friday 19 June 2015

Just Add Typography JAI #267


This week has really flown and we are just two days away now from the Shortest Day, Yay!! I am so looking forward to the days slowly getting longer again as it is one sign that Spring IS coming :-)

And this week at Just Add Ink we have another fabulous challenge for you - this time from the lovely Di who has suggested we just add "Typography".  I had to go and look this up too :-)

Typography =  ( as per Google ) " using font or type to create print."
And the Team have created a fabulous variety of cards to inspire you so I hope you can take a moment and pop on over and have a look.

So while I was thinking that the words or script should be the focal point,  I decided that I wanted to make a Crossword related card….eek!! And how that could be a fun Fathers Day card :-)  I had that fun childhood joke of "what's black and white and read all over?" (=Newspaper) in my head and could picture Dad relaxing with one :-) It took a little bit of figuring out but as soon as I remembered the Alphabet Rotary stamp it all came together.


Firstly, I die cut the happy from the Hello You thinlits x3 and covered them with some Crystal Effects for some shine. Then used the 1cm squares on the Grid Paper to help line up and keep the hand ruled lines straight. Next, the stamping one letter at a time using the Alphabet Rotary stamp inside the squares - which was easier than it sounds :-) And finally, fussy cutting them out.  The little Epoxy heart has some red card stock punched beneath it and adds to the shiny details.


Card stock: Island Indigo, Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Black Stampin Write Marker
Stamps: Alphabet Rotary Stamp
Accessories: Big Shot, Hello You Thinlits, Epoxy Stickers, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, PL Corner Rounder Punch, Crystal Effects

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope that you can take a moment and stop by Just Add Ink and see all the wonderful designs the talented Team made with this theme and I can't wait to see what you will create too!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan







7 comments:

  1. I love your "outside of the square" thinking, Jan. This is simply fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever does not come close to adequately describing how you put this together Jan! How perfectly were you able to join up the sentiment!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I will have to CASE this one! As you approach your shortest day, it will be our longest day. Your joy and my sadness! Oh well, Dec 21 will be our shortest day! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is soooo clever, Jan. I love it and must put aside in my CASE memory. I just love this.

    Yay for the shortest day, roll on Spring. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever card Jan! Love the way you lined up the 'a' and the 'y' from 'Happy' to line up with the other words. Great idea to put Crystal Effects on the happy too! Love the shinny look to the word! Might have to give that a go! Thanks for sharing! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Jan, your card is out of the box amazing. Such a clever idea & executed perfectly. I so admire your patience with all the details too. Brilliant!
    Di :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing & fun card Jan! Clean, wow & definitely not simple. Love the crystal effects on the word happy!!! - katerina

    ReplyDelete