Saturday 20 June 2015

Driving Licence Celebrations


Today I have a card and a little treat sized gift box to show you that I made for a friend who recently passed her Drivers Licence test. This was definitely an opportunity to get out my favourite retired Stamp set - Rev Up The Fun although also a challenge to make a female card with this set.  Inge Groot's Artisan post this week really inspired me - I loved her colour palate and all the elements she used. So this card is a CASE - apart from the white panel, all the layering is Inge's design as was too fabulous to change:-)


The DSP is from the fun Cherry On Top Stack and the 3D card elements are all made using the Mini Treat Bag Framelit. I really love that it can be used for cards as well as treats!!

The Silver Congrats is made by using Silver Embossing Powder on the new Wooden essential words - and I repeated the embossing process just to make sure there was a good covering of silver too. My fellow Just Add Ink Design Team member Rochelle gives a great demonstration on how you can do this here.



Card stock: Pool Party, Tip Top Taupe, Bermuda Bay, Vellum
DSP: Cherry On Top
Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Tip Top Taupe, Versamark
Stamps: Rev Up The Fun
Access: BS, Mini Treat Bag Framelit, Wooden Essentials, White Bakers Twine, Silver Metallic Thread, Blossom Accents, Silver EP, 


To go with the card is this cute little box from the All Boxed Up Kit - truth be known, one of the main reasons I got this kit was the gorgeous Pool Party Pom Pom Trim after falling in love with the Calypso Coral version in the Summer Mini catalogue :-) So is really good we have found it so useful already ;-)


The Kit comes with all you need for decoration and I stamped the greeting from Work of Art on the main circle. The box fits 5x Treat Size Caramel Koalas quite easily!! So I can see them coming in very handy for treats and surprises over the next while - a good thing there are 11 left boxes that is, not sure about how many Caramel Koalas are left though :-)

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you are enjoying the rest of your weekend!

Happy stamping until next time, 

Jan







2 comments:

  1. Love love it! Actually I love the combination of the gorgeous card & box & the lovely colours! You have certainly achieved to have a feminine & elegant & lovely card using the rev up fun stamp set! - katerina

    ReplyDelete