Tuesday 30 June 2015

Butterfly Floral Birthday


Happy Tuesday to you! I hope you are having a good week :-)
Today's card is for a young Cousin's recent birthday. Her favourite colour is "purple" and so I used some Blackberry Bliss and had my first play with the Floral Wings Hostess stamp set. Yay - it is a lovely elegant set and I can see it quickly becoming a favourite - especially as it goes with the Bold Butterfly framelits too :-)
Recently Alison Barclay made this gorgeous card for a sketch challenge which she won at  Just Add Ink with this set and I just loved her design so this is a CASE of Alison's card :-)


So what did I change apart from the colours? Not much at all as it was a fabulous design :-) I did change the base card to coloured and added a layer of gold glimmer paper under the raised white panel. Oh and I also raised the roses on top of the butterfly with dimensionals for some added drama. It's just a shame that the Blackberry doesn't look as good in the photos as in real life as this is a colour combo and layout I am sure to use again :-)



Card stock: Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White, Gold Glimmer
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Melon Mambo, Meadow Moss
Stamps: Floral Wings
Accessories: Big Shot, Bold Butterfly Framelits, Basic Rhinestones

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you are enjoying the first week of the school holidays. One thing we are noticing is the great amount of families having fun at the Park where we have our dog walks - so nice to see! And it often results in requests for photos of our Sally (Black Lab) with them which she is only too happy to oblige of course - she sure loves the kids, the smaller the better. Maybe because she had pups she is particularly fond of toddlers - or maybe its just that they often have biscuits in their hands…:-)

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan






No comments:

Post a Comment