Friday 3 April 2015

Just Add a Design Team Member!

Welcome to another glorious Autumn day and I hope you are having a lovely Good Friday?! Today I have some wonderful news to share with you :-) As many of you will know,  I have been a Guest Designer with the wonderful  Just Add Ink Team over the last two months. I've had a fabulous time  and have been so warmly welcomed by the lovely ladies on the Team and had such fun creating for the challenges. And now I am so excited to be able to share with you that I have been asked to join the Team permanently!! Such a lovely surprise and honour!! So I am very glad that it is Friday already and  time for my first post as Guest Designer on the Team - woo hoo!!

This week Narelle has suggested a Just Add Inspiration challenge for you with a beautiful photo! So full of lovely Autumn colours for the first week in April :-)


So much to love about these photos and I hope you have a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and see the wonderful and varied creations that the lovely Team have made to inspire you this week :-)


For my card I created a little bouquet of flowers using the fun Flower Patch set and and co-ordinating Framelits. The chevrons are stamped on some white card and then have a piece of Vellum layered over the top :-)

Card stock: Calypso coral, Whisper White, Vellum Card stock
Inks: Calypso coral, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pear Pizazz, Versamark
Stamps: Flower Patch, Work of Art, Positively Chevron
Accessories: Big Shot, Flower Fair Framelits, Gold Twine, Gold EP, Non SU Sequins



Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you can take a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink to see all the wonderful ways the Team have been inspired by these photos and I look forward to seeing what you will create this week too!
In the meantime have a wonderful Easter long weekend - and don't forget for those in Australia to put the clocks back an hour Sunday morning as Daylight Savings Ends -  :-(  And I hope you have a wonderful time with loved ones and friends :-)  As for me, I'm going to be pretty busy today and tomorrow singing with a music group at our local church and am looking forward to a relaxing day on Sunday :-)

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jan on becoming a Design Team Member with JAI. I always look forward to seeing your creations. Christine H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christine - I still remember that first Workshop! Thanks again for helping get me started stamping :-)

      Delete
  2. I love how bright and fresh this turned out Jan. The chevrons look great under the vellum and the detail in the flowers is lovely. Delighted to have stay on with the team :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so glad we get to keep you Jan. Love all your creations and I'm looking forward to seeing lots more.

    Your card is great, and I'm glad someone went with chevrons! The vellum overlay is perfect to soften and the embossed gold sentiment a lovely finish! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Patrice - It is still sinking in :-) Thanks again for the lovely warm welcome! x

      Delete
  4. Thank you very much Kim!! Such a wonderful team to be a part of - I am truly honoured x

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS Jan! I always look forward to your great creations on your blog as well as on SC. Your "first" card as a Team Designer is absolutely lovely. It is a great inspiration. I always have trouble with "photo inspiration" challenges not knowing exactly what to be pick for my inspiration.

    Happy singing. Have fun but do take it easy and enjoy a well deserved rest on Easter Sunday. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Louise :-) I agree re photo challenges - I find them the hardest too but this one seemed to come together quite easily which was great! And a very happy Easter to you! We had a quietish day on Sunday and enjoyed working in the garden on Monday so am trying to be good. We've decided to take this weekend off singing too :-) xx

      Delete
  6. Congratulations Jan. I love the beautiful bunch of flowers, and the subtle chevron background is perfect.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Jan! Lovely colours, flowers & embossing details!!! Such a uplifting card!!! - Katerina

    ReplyDelete