Friday 10 April 2015

Just Add a Colour Challenge - JAI #258

This week I am sure I am not the only one waking up in the morning thinking I must've slept through my alarm only to discover there is at least half an hour before it is due to go off  - Daylight Savings finished just under a week ago. And while the added daylight in the morning is lovely the opposite is also sadly true of the evenings of course - winter is a coming!

And so its perfect timing that Rochelle has suggested a bright and beautiful Colour Challenge for us all at Just Add Ink :-) The Team have come up with a great array of beautiful creations with these colours to inspire you so I hope you can take a moment to pop on over and have a look :-)


Such a lot of potential girly loveliness don't you think?


This came out a little brighter than I expected but it still is very "girly"  :-)
The Bokeh background uses all three colours sponged onto Whisper White and once dry I used a home made stencil (created by using the circle framelits on some Window Sheet) to help with positioning the white inked circles. And after again giving it time to dry added the details and sentiment  - in this case on some Vellum :-)




Card stock: Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White, Vellum Card stock, Window sheet
Inks: Blackberry Bliss, Melon Mambo, Smoky Slate, Craft White
Stamps: Butterfly Basics, Sassy Salutations
Accessories: Big Shot, Butterfly Framelits, Circle Framelits, Basic rhinestones, PL Corner Rounder punch, Blackberry Bliss cotton twine (Saleabration)

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a moment to pop on over to Just Add Ink and take a look at all the wonderful creations the Team have made to inspire you this week and I look forward to seeing what you will create with these gorgeous colours too!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

11 comments:

  1. You've done a fab job at this bokeh technique (I'm a little scared to try it out!!). Perfect use of the colour combo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Trish :-) I was a bit scared to try the Bokeh too until I saw a video by Dawn Olchefski - she makes it look so easy :-)

      Delete
  2. I love this Jan! Perfect colours to use with the Bokeh technique! The butterfly looks stunning cut out of Blackberry Bliss! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Jan! You've certainly nailed the "Bokeh" effect, it's such a lovely girly card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan I agree whole heartedly about the cooler darker mornings and evenings :( I miss daylight savings already!

    Your card is just stunning. I love that the colours have come out so bright. Definitely girly and super pretty. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan, your card is just stunning, I love the way you have used the Bokeh technique in the background, it looks fantastic. I keep putting off trying it, but I think I will have to now! :)
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love the bright boldness of the background Jan! Great idea to add the sentiment on vellum and I love the combo of butterfly and bokeh! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Jan - I just love that background you have created. It's beautiful. I'm like Chris,,,,putting off trying this technique, but really want too give it a go now. Great colours to work with aren't they? Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, wow, wow....your bokeh background is spectacular!!! It looks amazing with the challenge colours and so happy you didn't cover it up too much. Your butterfly die-cuts are gorgeous too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! I am loving these colours with this technique - so vibrant and I also love the pretty layered butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card, Jan! Love the colours, you definitely perfected the broken technique & you make gorgeous cards using this technique!!! Very elegant & wow card as usual!!!-Katerina

    ReplyDelete