Wednesday 27 August 2014

Spring is Early!

Yes, that's right! Here in Australia it is still officially Winter - but with another gorgeous day over 20 degrees Celsius and all the Wattle out to disturb those allergy conscious eyes and noses….it must be Spring already :-) And I for one am not complaining!! (Despite the Sinusitis!) Spring is my favourite Season of them all - for it is full of the hope of a wonderful Summer :-)
But one thing that is not early is the day  - it's Wednesday so that means it is time for another Sketch from the Paper Craft Crew. A few Team members are taking a break this week it seems but there is still plenty of inspiration for you :-). Here is this week's sketch:


I was needing a boy's card so this quite feminine looking sketch initially seemed like it might be tricky but in the end it worked out ok I think :-)



So I changed the oval to a circle to fit the fun little Octopus and decided to make it a Shaker Card too. To do this I used my Circle Framelits to create the frame and then also cut the bottom layers and some acetate too. For the adhesive I used the Shaker Frames and cut through the largest of one of the Frames so I could shape it how I wanted it - and then also used a small adhesive frame and placed them so there were no gaps. Inside the Shaker window is a mixture of Silver and Blue sequins and some Silver Foil card stock stars punched with the Confetti Stars punch. And I replaced the layers of Scallops with some banners punched from the Sea Street DSP and topped this with some Coastal Cabana Twine:-)



Card stock: Real Red, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Maritime
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Real Red, Midnight Muse (Retired) 
Stamps: Sea Street, Sassy Salutations
Accessories: Big Shot, Circle Framelits, Banner Punch, Shaker Frames, Confetti Stars Border punch, Coastal Cabana Twine, Silver and Blue Sequins (Non-SU)

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I do hope you have time to check out the rest of the cards by the Design Team at The Paper Craft Crew this week and hopefully you will be inspired to join us :-)

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan





No comments:

Post a Comment