Sunday 13 April 2014

Simple Stems for FMS

Autumn is truly in the morning and evening air today but we cannot complain especially as the northern part of Queensland has been hit by Cyclone Ita. There has thankfully been no loss of life despite a lot of damage to many communities. So this card is inspired by the resilient people of Queensland :-)
And it helped to follow yet another great sketch from Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Just click on the picture below to see it better 


Yes, I know, it is kind of pushing the boundaries a bit. I hope thats ok? There were two main reasons…
  1) I was really ("peachy") keen to use the On Film Framelits which arrived the other day and
  2) I have a friend who is "challenging" me to use more of Gorgeous Grunge than I already do ( which is a lot!!) 

So the card base is some Sahara Sand with a layer of Whisper White on top. I used the "splatter" of green for my horizontal band across the card and later added a touch of the little dots in Strawberry Slush.
To make the frame, I cut two of the Film pieces and layered them over each other to create a longer frame and added the on some dimensionals.
Next the tulip from Simple Stems is stamped twice and cut out and layered on each other and then finally a little banner is cut from some more White card and stamped with a greeting from a Dozen Thoughts.
I added a Vintage Faceted Button and made a bow with some Linen Thread and teased out the layers of thread to almost give the impression of a double bow.
Finallly a little butterfly with a Rhinestone to finish and add a little balance.

Card stock: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Strawberry Slush
Inks: Strawberry Slush, Pistachio Pudding
Stamp: Simple Stems, Gorgeous Grunge, A Dozen Thoughts
Accessories: Big Shot, On Film Framelits, Beautiful Wings Embosilits die, Hexagon punch, Vintage Faceted Button, Linen Thread

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have time to check out the fabulous cards by the team at Freshly Made Sketches and maybe you too might just be inspired to enter too!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan




6 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with the photo strip! Very clever! Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I made and posted my card to the same challenge I was scrolling through and saw that your card is very similar to mine. I love your card! The filmstrip is a cool idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Krista! I love your card too :-)

      Delete
  3. I love your take on the sketch! The "grunge" backgrounds work really well here! Lovely card. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jen! Whilst I'm still learning the art of "clean" it is so much fun to join in and see what everyone comes up with too - so inspiring!

      Delete