Wednesday 16 April 2014

Blue and White for the Paper Craft Crew

Its a beautiful Autumn day here in Melbourne today - a little crispy this morning but bright and sunny! The schools are on holiday and its sort of a relaxed time as we gear up for Easter.
And today being Wednesday, its time for another sketch from the Paper Craft Crew.


For my card I decided to use some of the Polka Dot Parade DSP before it retires soon (and I will miss it!) and also the wonderful Square framelits  -  so that was my starting point from the sketch.


And also because of the square frame, I decided to make this a square card to match it :-)

For the card base I used Marina Mist and then layered the Whisper White with the DSP on top. To cut the Frame I layered the Framelits on the beautiful Silver Foil card stock inside each other and then I used some dimensionals to pop it up onto a square of White cut with the largest of the two framelits I used. The prettyTulips were each stamped twice and hand cut and added with dimensionals between them and the soft Organza ribbon just literally ties the bunch together :-)
I think this greeting is my favourite Birthday stamp still - such a shame it is retired!! To flag the end of the banner I used my Hexagon punch as I find it so much easier than trying to cut by hand!! Simply measure the width of the banner and place a little pencil mark at half way, and slide the mark into one of the corners on the punch and you have perfect flags every time :-)
Finally, I added three little rhinestones inside the bottom corner of the frame and two to the banner as I do love a little Bling!!

Card stock: Marina Mist, Whisper White, Silver Foil Card
Designer Series Paper: Polka Dot Parade
Inks: Marina Mist, Gumball Green
Stamps: Simple Stems, Happiest Birthday Wishes ( Retired)
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Framelits, Hexagon Punch, Decorative Dots EF, White Organza Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones

Now I'm thinking I might just have to make another of these soon for Mother's Day…its not that far way!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and  I hope you have time to check out all the cards from the talented Designers and join in the fun this week with the Paper Craft Crew :-)

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan



2 comments:

  1. Such an elegant & beautiful card, Jan!!! Absolutely love it!!! - Katerina

    ReplyDelete