Wednesday 19 March 2014

Petal Parade for the Paper Craft Crew

Welcome everyone to another wonderful Wednesday! Such a lovely Autumn day here in Melbourne today - clear skies, and 27 degrees (Celsius!). With the nights being a bit cooler and the tree leaves changing colour its a lovely time of year :-)

Today's card is for the sketch this week at the Paper Craft Crew.


The Design Team have come up with some fabulous cards and I hope you can take time to check them all out and maybe you will be inspired to have a go too!


For my card, I wanted to use some of the FREE items available as part of  Saleabration. So how many can you see? LOL! That's right, quite a few :-)

There is the Decorative Dots EF, some Sweet Sorbet DSP and of course the fabulous Petal Parade stamp set. So that's nearly a whole card made from free products :-)

Today I started from the DSP and used that as the inspiration for the colour choices. For the card base I used Pool Party card stock and then layered with the embossed white layer.Next I stamped the largest panel with the Petal Parade and using Pistachio Pudding and Pool Party and stamped the raised images separately. The Crisp Cantaloupe circle I actually cut out by hand as I wanted to include the varied edges and the Pool Party flower I punched out.  Next I sponged a little pool Party ink on half a Paper Doilly and put this underneath.


For the greeting I turned to an old favourite set, Hello Lovely and cut off the part of the image not needed before layering onto the Crisp Cantaloupe banner. As you can see, lots of dimensionals ( as usual!) and a few sequins to finish :-)

Card stock: Pool Party, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Sweet Sorbet*
Inks: Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party, Black Stazon
Stamps: Petal Parade*, Hello Lovely
Accessories: Big Shot, Decorative Dots EF*, Sponge Dauber, Sequins (Non SU!)

*Still available for free until the end of March :-)

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have time to check out the rest of the fabulous cards the Design Team have made to inspire you and I look forward to see what you create for this week's sketch at the Paper Craft Crew.

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan




2 comments:

  1. Such a happy card Jan!!! Love the way the arrows make the flowers more bright and the silver sequins really add dimension!! And a showcase of SAB products!!!what a great idea!!! -Katerina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katerina :-) yes, I'm going to miss Saleabration! Love the way all the products go together this year :-)

      Delete