Saturday 8 March 2014

Dinoroar for FMS

What a beautiful morning it is in Melbourne - no sign of the forecast showers (although we need the rain) and it is the morning after a busy Stamp and chat night that I held here at home. It is wonderful to have friends come and join in the fun of making cards and I love the "show and tell" to see what they have been up to too... But the day after is a REST day :-)

So here is a card I made a little earlier in the week using the fabulous sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

My young nephew is into dinosaurs currently (and Diggers, and Minecraft!) and his birthday is coming up soon so this is inspired by him too :-)


The fabulously grungy Epic Day DSP really sets the scene for a dinosaur - and a cheery looking fellow he is too!
The card base is Baked Brown Sugar and I added a layer of Gumball Green card to set off the DSP which I embossed using the fun Decorative Dots EF which is still available for FREE until the end of the month as part of Saleabration.
To cut the DSP to shape I started with two rectangles and then cut the angles to fit the sketch. I'm sure there may be a more mathematical way but I just cut by eye :-)

Little Dino is first stamped in Versamark and then Baked Brown Sugar ink and Clear embossed so he could be coloured using an Aqua Painter and then he is hand cut out and layered onto an embossed Starburst.


For the banners, a little trick I use to make the ends these days is my Hexagon punch - just measure the middle of the banner, and line up the middle corner of the punch with the middle of the banner and voilla - perfect banners every time :-)

 Card stock: Baked Brown Sugar, Gumball Green, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Epic Day
Ink: Gumball Green, Baked Brown Sugar, Crushed Curry, Versamark
Accessories: Big Shot, Decorative Dots Ef, Starbursts Framelits, Hexagon Punch, Clear Embossing Powder, Aqua Painter

I hope you too feel inspired to join in the great sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week and do come back later to see the other card I have for this sketch and more fun cards and projects from last nights' Stamp and Chat too!

Happy Stamping until next time,

Jan




6 comments:

  1. My kids always loved dinosaurs and so do I. This card is gorgeous for young kids and kids at heart. -Katerina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Katerina! Yes, I think I might make a few more of these :-)

      Delete
  2. Love the dinosaur! This is perfect for your nephew! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Jan! I love that little dinosaur! So perfect for a little boy!!! Super fun colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jen! I love the Dinosaur too and it's so fun to join in :-)

      Delete