Saturday 22 March 2014

Birthday Butterflies

Today has been a bit chilly and cool and sadly it is obvious Summer has gone - especially by how dark it is in the mornings lately! So it has been a good opportunity to sit and make another card for the interesting sketch at Just Add ink this week. Love all those shapes together!


I saw this sketch last night just as I was heading to bed and then woke up this morning with an idea :-)


And this afternoon had some time to see if it would work :-) Just love it when it all comes together!

The card base is Island Indigo to match the DSP and then the Hardwood is stamped onto some Sahara Sand card using Baked Brown Sugar ink.
To cut the Gold Foil Vellum I used my Circle Framelits - and also used them for both circles under the butterfly too - so easy!

The tag is made by layering the gorgeous Watercolor Wonder  DSP onto the card before punching in the Scallop Tag Topper punch and then the ends are trimmed. And the plain Vellum card tag is cut to size and then I used my Corner Rounder punch on all  four corners.


Because I wanted to use an Aqua Painter to colour the little butterfly, I first stamped him in Versamark before the Island Indigo ink in order to Clear Emboss him as otherwise the water based ink would run as I coloured him and he has such pretty markings!
And the greeting is stamped in Island Indigo ink too and then both ends are flagged using the Hexagon Punch before being added with dimensionals as are most of the layers :-)

Card stock: Island Indigo, Pool Party, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Watercolor Wonder, Fancy Gold Vellum, Vellum (plain)
Inks: Island Indigo, Baked Brown Sugar,  Pool Party, Versamark
Stamps: Hardwood, Papillon Potpourri, Happiest Birthday Wishes (Retired)
Accessories: Big Shot, Circle Framelits, Hexagon Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Scallop Tag Topper Punch, Clear EP, Sweet Sorbet Accessories Pack (Twine), Basic Rhinestones

Thank you for stopping by today and I do hope you have some time to check out the fabulous sketch at Just Add Ink this week and maybe you will be the next to enter the challenge!

And now a little something for those that have asked about Sally and her friend Monty - yes, they still play regularly! 
They will often walk side by side, Monty with his "arm" around Sally who gives him a few kisses…..in between the rough and tumble play :-)


Happy stamping until next time,

Jan


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours - I really like that floral panel. It's great when you wake up with fresh ideas too. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chantell! And yes, I love it when that happens :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh this is so beautiful! Your butterfly is just stunning and the colours you've used are so earthy and warm! Thanks for joining us again at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty, Jan. I love the way you've used the vellum; it adds interest without taking away from the other lovely details. Nice colour choices, too. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christine! Yes, I've loved playing with the vellum too :-)

      Delete
  4. I'm a big fan of vellum and you have used it beautifully here Jan, love how its lets the woodgrain come through! Your butterfly is delightful and was well worth the work! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Kim :-) it was fun to see if the types of Vellum could work together

      Delete
  5. I love the hardwood background stamp! I'm yet to see a card / project that uses it that I don't love. The colours you've chosen to go with it are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kelly! Yes, I must admit I am a bit addicted to the Hardwood too :-)

      Delete
  6. Jan this card is stunning! The vellum works perfectly with the watercolour dsp :)
    I love your take on the sketch this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Trish! I was hoping the vellum wouldn't hide that pretty DSP :-)

      Delete