Wednesday 22 January 2014

Paper Craft Crew Challenge #77

What a beautiful and sunny day it is here today in Melbourne, Australia!  No longer is it 40 degrees Celsius and it's like everyone and everything is recovering.

I have some big news today! I have been asked to join the wonderful team of Designers at the Paper Craft Crew! I am so honoured as I am still quite new to the world of challenges and have admired the work of the Team members for some time. I do love to challenge myself  and sometimes that means moving out of my comfort zone and that is certainly where I am now but I am sure it will be a good thing :-)  So I hope that you too will come and see what the other talented Designers have made and be inspired to have a go too!


And here is my take on the Sketch:

This card all started with the By the Tide set which was on my table thanks to a friend's visit and a conversation about the Circle framelits!! The fish bowl was created by using the lovely Silver Foil card stock with the Circle Framelit dies to make a circle frame. The top of the bowl was made by punching it with the Wide Oval punch. Then the water is sponged in using Pool Party and a touch of Coastal Cabana and Midnight Muse ink.


The happy little fish is stamped in Calypso Coral  and the eye coloured with a Coastal Cabana marker. And I used some Basic rhinestones as little bubbles. The striped banner is stamped from the Gorgeous Grunge set and cut out by hand and layered over the bottom of the bowl. And added to that is a Vintage Faceted designer button topped with some Twine.

Card Stock: Midnight Muse, Whisper White, Silver Foil
Designer Series Paper: Winter Frost Specialty
Ink: Midnight Muse, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Smoky Slate
Stamps: By the Tide, Sassy Salutations, Gorgeous Grunge
Accessories: Big Shot, Circle Framelits, Wide oval punch, Vintage Faceted Designer buttons, Whisper White Bakers Twine, Basic rhinestones

Thanks for looking and I can't wait to see what you create with this sketch at the Paper Craft Crew this week!

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan

4 comments:

  1. Love the card Jan! By the tide is such a versatile and handy stamp set just like the circle framelits!!!! - Katerina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Katerina!! Yes, I look forward to playing with this stamp set for a week or so. Let me know when you want it back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this card. A great use for the Christmas paper too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Leigh :-) yes, that DSP is quite versatile I think.

      Delete