Friday 3 January 2014

Faves of 2013 for JAI

This week at Just Add Ink we are asked to share our favourite creation for 2013.

It is only over the last few months that I have taken part in Challenges of any sort after being nudged along to do so and it has been a wonderful time!! It has been good to "challenge" myself to move out of my own creative "box" and at the same time so encouraging because of such generous feedback from crafters that I hold in great respect.

So here is a new version of my favourite card for 2013. 


It was my first and only Double Challenge Entry - for Just Add Ink and The Paper Players. You can see the original post and version here. The Sketch was from JAI and the "clean and simple Male card" was from the Paper Players.
This card has become a staple Teenage boy card - reproduced again and again and always going down well - so far :-) and its due to pass through the Post Office again later today!

The original version used "For You" from the Itty Bitty Banners set as a bridge between the two roads…in this updated version I have made a Road Sign from the greeting in the Rev Up the Fun set - same as where the motorbike comes from. But it is the Silver Foil that gives it the edge (IMHO anyway!!) I love the Foil and if I was to choose a favourite accessory for 2013 ( besides the Big Shot of course) then this would be it!!

Card stock: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Silver Foil
Ink: Real Red ( incl Marker on Bike), Black Stazon
Stamps: Rev Up the Fun, Gorgeous Grunge
Accessories: Big Shot, Houndstooth EF

A big thank you to the Team at Just Add Ink and others who have been so encouraging throughout 2013. I look forward to seeing what you create in the coming year and playing along!


In the meantime, its a gorgeous summers day and my dog Sally (black) loves to have a play with -  and tease of as he's begging her to jump on him  -  her good friend Monty too :-) 

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan




5 comments:

  1. I agree Jan. That's the perfect teenage male card.. Love the new "bridge" !!! -Katerina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katerina - and remember you did help to come up with the original :-)

      Delete
  2. What a great male card Jan! Love the metalic background. Thank you for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, when you are on to a winner, you stick with it. I can see why you use this a go to card. It is perfect for the guys! Thanks for sharing, not only your card, but your story too, with us at JAI ♥

    ReplyDelete