Tuesday 7 January 2014

Clean and simple Dr Who

It is a cooler day here in Melbourne (for Summer ) and  a little damp so a great excuse to stay inside and make a card while we wait for Summer weather to return! Today's card is inspired by the team at the Friday Mashup.

This is the first time I have entered one of their challenges but when I saw the Theme was "Time" I knew it was time for a Tardis and some Time Travel so had to have a go especially as I need such a card for a friend's birthday coming up. I hope he likes it too!

The base of the card is Smoky Slate and is embossed with the lovely Delicate Dots EF which is one of the FREE products available during Saleabration later this month. The Pacific Point layer is embossed with a Clock themed EF (Sizix but not SU!)  Unfortunately it's bit hard to see in the photo. 

The Phone box or Tardis, is first inked with Pacific Point Ink then I used a Midnight Muse marker to go over the outline before stamping. It is from last year's Saleabration set, Feeling Sentimental and is one set I just couldn't let go of! Here it is layered onto some Silver Foil card with dimensionals. The Grunge dots are supposed to give the idea of flying space matter or flying through Space :-)
The little greeting is from Itty Bitty Banners and is cut with the co-ordinating framelits as were the black banners layered underneath.

Card Stock: Smoky Slate, Pacific Point, Silver Foil, Whisper White
Ink: Pacific Point, Smoky Slate
Stamps: Feeling Sentimental, Itty Bitty Banners, Gorgeous Grunge
Accessories: Big Shot, Delicate Dots EF, Clocks EF, Bitty Banner Framelits, Nickel Buttons, Navy Bakers Twine

Happy stamping until next time,

Jan





7 comments:

  1. Jan, awesome mashup with time and the sketch. I love that phone booth stamp- it is so cool. I like the button and the way you did the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, great use of both the sketch and time. And your title is a perfect fit too (my daughter loves Dr. Who!). I too love this set and haven't let it go either, so I just might be casing this some time if you don't mind. :) Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sara! I'd be honoured if you Cased my card! It was a fun challenge :-)

      Delete
  3. This is such an awesome card Jan, perfect for a time theme! I love the incorporation of Doctor Who...I don't watch the show but my oldest son adores it. I think I'm going to have to bookmark your card for a future CASE :)

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, thanks so much! I don't watch the show either but it seems that a lot of people do ( including some good friends !)

      Delete
  4. A big thank you tool the team at the Friday Mashup and esp to Sara for choosing my card as a Glamette :-) thank you !!

    ReplyDelete