Monday 8 August 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog!
I have been a follower of several other wonderfully creative people for a some time now and have finally got around to creating my own blog to share my creations. I must admit it was easier than I had thought it might be - the templates are a wonderfully quick idea and  although eventually I might add a photo to the header -when I work out how! - I am really happy with the result.


So, on with the reason for the blog.....sharing a card I have made recently...


This is  a card I made for a friend whom I met a while ago out walking Sally, my beautiful, black labrador who is turning 50. ( The friend, not the dog -  although at 7yrs and therefore 49 dog years, Sally  is not far off it either!)
 Somehow the magic of photography isn't quite as good as the real thing. And I'm not quite sure what happened to the gap between the 5 and 0 which was supposed to be a gap... but you get the general idea.

I used the lovely colour combination of Black, Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler card stocks with a punched scallop of the retiring (and will be missed) Newsprint designer paper.
I stamped off once with Cherry Cobbler using En Francais before using as a background on the Cherry Cobbler card stock.
The Eiffel Tower comes from the Artistic Etchings set as does the centre flourish. Such a wonderful set and one of my favourites just like the greeting which is from Well Scripted.

As time goes on you will  likely see that I have a lot of "favourite" sets!

Tools : The Big Shot - how did we ever create without it? for the Numbers.
The XL Scallop and 13/4 circle punches and some black Satin Ribbon and Metallic brads and lots of sponging around the edges to finish.

Best of all my friend's comment was "how did you know I wanted to go to Paris?" Isn't it wonderful when occasionally we manage to get it just right?

Happy creating till next time!

Jan






No comments:

Post a Comment