Saturday 13 August 2011

Strength and Hope

This last week has been busy in terms of 0 birthdays - two friends turning 50 and another 40 so that means a few cards to make. Always want to do something a bit special for the big numbers too don't you think?

The first card is made with the Strength and Hope set using the design that was part of the "Stamp Out Breast Cancer" world wide fundraiser that was in May and that I took part in with some friends. It was a lovely day of stamping and I hope to be able to show you more of the projects we made a little later.



I used the butterfly image, stamped off once each time, to make the background for the main image and for the 50 and sponged around all the edges of everything - as is my usual thing these days! I just love the way it adds an extra element to the page.

Stamp sets: Strength and Hope, En Francais
Cardstock: Rose red, Pretty in Pink and Whisper white
Accessories: Basic Pearls, Big Shot -  Medium Sizzlits Alphabet for the numbers, Eyelet border and Eyelet corner punches.

Now I'm off to attend a brunch for the 40th and I'll share the card I made for that afterwards.

Happy stamping,

Jan


No comments:

Post a Comment